Monday, August 11, 2008

Good torch day

I finally had a good torch day on Saturday, so hopefully there will be some beady pictures in a day or two. I guess it was just a lull after the trunk show. I spent a couple of days just "playing," which I rarely get to do. So, yesterday when I cleaned beads from the last several torch sessions, quite a few went right to the trash can! Playing leads to many more sad mistakes than happy accidents, which I would suspect is true for artists in any medium. This last Saturday, though, was back to buckling down, working with the one or two happy accidents as well as some tried and true. I'm only spending one day a week on the torch right now, as our home is sadly in need of some repair. I can't do it all, but I have found out that I'm hell with plaster and a taping knife - so, our kitchen is close to featuring all refinished walls. I've just decided that it's up to me - I won't know that I can't do it (whatever the "it" is) until I give it a try. So far, so good. I'm sure not looking forward to redoing that floor, though....

No comments: