Friday, August 22, 2008

Yeah, yeah, yeah


It's an old picture, so sue me. Why, oh WHY, is it so hard to squeeze 30 hours of needs-to-be-done into a 24 hour day?! That's my official excuse for not being better about taking pictures. The truth? I went home last night and watched an hour of television - well, actually 40 minutes because it was DVR'd - instead of working like I should have been doing.

Also, we're remodeling the kitchen, and the motif will be "Mexican restaurant meets Mexican whorehouse." Not that I've ever been in a Mexican whorehouse - hopefully the extremely large number of Mexican restaurants I HAVE been in will make up for that. Anyway, the remodel reminded me of this - really a pendant, not exactly a bead. Cute, though, huh?

So here are links to some of the rockin' stuff I've come up with for the kitchen:

Tiles - that I'm actually using for a small section of ceiling: I'm thinking either the copper fantasy or the verdigris, although I really like the brushed aluminum, too. The brushed aluminum would require new cabinet hardware, though, as the existing hardware is bronze.

Various and sundry stuff: a new cutting board

Probably a decorative tile or two or three .

And of course new switchplate covers.

The living room/dining room/kitchen is really kind of one big circle with a center wall. There's a wall between the entry hall and the kitchen, but I'm thinking of building a low wall between the dining room and living room with acrylic blocks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are DEFINITELY gonna need photos of the finished product!!!

have fun!

Bead-Mused said...

Well, it will be different! I can't wait to see when it's finished. What does your T-man think?
Theresa

Pamela Way said...

Hi Dana! Photos, yes, and I'm SO good about taking pictures, right? LOL

Theresa, Tony is okay with whatever I do - "yes, dear." Although I'm working his butt off.