Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My new favorite thing to make!



As you can tell from the picture, they're not much to look at on their own. But, string them together, and wowser! Well, at least I think so, and after the trunk show I'll be making some for ME! I thought about making more (what you see is it) but I'm not sure everyone will be as enamored with them as I am. Another nice thing about these - every beginning bead-making kit in the WORLD includes a little baggie of murrini (or, alternately, they're called millifiori, although the two are technically a bit different) but you're never really told how to use them. (A murrini is the little patterned piece of glass you see in these beads.) And, in fact, most bead makers look down their noses a bit at commercial murrini, preferring to make their own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i want some of these beads...lovely and really looks like they have potential to be some bigger thing...they look great!