Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New equipment goodies

The concentrator:


I know, I know - a bit like watching paint dry. It doesn't seem like much for $700, does it? Plus - bottom line - I really LIKE the idea of tanked oxygen. It just burns so clean and is so powerful. But, it's dangerous. And good god heavy! The tanks are as tall as I am, and weigh a bunch. And, expensive first and last. I have to rent the tanks (and I rent two so I always have one available), then there's the cost to refill. There didn't used to be a delivery charge, but two summers ago when gas went so high they started charging a small delivery fee. So, all in all. I will say I'll miss talking to the guys (and yes, they're all guys) at Alamo Welding. I never felt like I was anything but their biggest customer every time I called and said, "Can you bring a tank of oxygen out?"

And here's the lap grinder, more or less:


It will probably live happily in its box until September. I need time to deal with it, and I'll most likely have to use it in the garage, which in Texas in August is pretty much unbearable.

No comments: